Eloping in Utah can be an intimate and beautiful way to celebrate your love for one another. Whether you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle of a traditional wedding or just prefer a more low-key celebration, elopements can offer the perfect solution. Here are some simple steps to help you plan your Utah elopement:
- Hire a photographer and videographer. Your wedding day is a special occasion, and you’ll want to make sure you have professional photographs and video to remember it by. Take the time to research and hire a photographer and videographer who understands your vision and can capture the essence of your day.
- Pick a location. Utah is home to a variety of stunning natural landscapes, including mountains, deserts, and canyons. Choose a location that speaks to you as a couple and reflects your personalities and interests.
- Decide who you want to officiate the ceremony. You have many options when it comes to choosing an officiant for your elopement. You can hire someone, have a friend become ordained online, or even use a vendor who is officiated and just read your vows.
- Decide if you want to hire any other vendors. Do you want a florist or day-of planner to decorate a table scape / arch for you? Do you want to hire a musician to play a song while you want down to your spouse during your ceremony? Do you want a hair and makeup artist to glam you up? When couple hire me for an elopement, I have a recommended vendor list to share!
- Is there any travel involved? If so, look into Airbnbs, VRBO’s, hotels, unique stays, and any other travel accommodations you may need. Book the travel as soon as you can.
- Plan your day. Consider what activities you want to do on your wedding day. Utah offers a wide range of outdoor activities, such as hiking, rock climbing, and skiing. You could also plan a romantic picnic or a hot air balloon ride. Whatever you choose, make sure it reflects your unique personalities and interests.
- Plan a timeline with your photographer and videographer. It’s important to communicate with your photographer and videographer about the timing of your elopement day. This will ensure that they are able to capture all of the important moments and create a cohesive and beautiful story of your wedding day. I highly encourage hiring a photographer and videographer who will help you in both picking a location and with planning your elopement. (Yes, I do this!!!)
In conclusion, planning your Utah elopement can be a simple and stress-free process by following these basic steps. Remember to focus on what’s important to you as a couple and create a day that reflects your unique love story.
Here is a sneak peek video of Ashley and Cory’s Elopement! The two flew into Utah for a week for skiing and celebrating. The week they were here, it basically didn’t stop snowing. We had an epic snow storm!